Sunday, August 10, 2008

Introducing Beckett



He is adorable in every sense of the word. This little baby is more beautiful than anything I've ever seen. He has the softest skin and the sweetest little mouth. I find myself running my lips across his sweet little face constantly to feel his silk-like skin and to take in the intoxicating smell he has. I am trying to memorize it because it lasts far too short. I could just stare at him for hours trying to not miss a second of these first few days.





I am amazed that he was still inside me just 2 days ago. He balls up so teeny tiny but it still amazes me. He has the cutest little button nose and itty bitty feet. He has dark brown hair but just enough to say he has some. I love to just hold his soft little head in my hand and look him in the eyes and wonder who he is and what amazing things he will one day do.





He definitely looks like Caiden as a baby, but not as much as thought he would. I thought he would look exactly like Caiden but he is definitely different. Right now, his face is a little more round than Caid's was and his eyes are different. Caiden is doing well adjusting to Beckett, better than I thought he would. He too likes to kiss him, hug him, hold him, pinch his nose, squeeze his hand. You know all that big brother stuff that doesn't really have to be taught, just happens. Caiden seems so much older all of a sudden and it makes me really sad to think about.



I love to see teeny tiny Beckett in his Daddy's solid, loving hands. It brings me so much joy!


I want to write so much more but naptimes are ending so for now that is all. My heart is filled with so much joy right now. God is truly good!

2 comments:

The Beagleys said...

Steph, I don't think I can express too many times, how sweet and gorgeous Beckett is!!! I can't wait to meet him! This post was so sweet and I feel like I already know him by your wonderful description of him! I love you guys so much and I'm so happy for you!

Karine said...

This post left me desperatly wanting to hold sweet Beckett! He is precious in every sence of the word.
I think one of the beatiful things about a second child, is that you truly realize how fast time goes. And you want to take in every little moment.
Enjoy all those priceless times with your perfect boys!
Love ya,
Karine