Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beckett????

Soooo many people have been asking how Beckett got his name and it is really pretty simple we just liked it. Mike and I had gone round and round on names and could not agree. I wanted Cooper Grant and Mike wanted Beckett Mike. We both liked each other's name but had some hang up with the other person's name for one reason or another. Mike liked Cooper but was afraid that should we ever decide to have another child, their name would have to start with a C. I liked Beckett but not Mike, it just sounded choppy. So it took us almost the entire pregnancy to decide. We went out for our anniversary, 3 days before being induced, knowing that at dinner we were going to make a decision. Over the days prior we had been tossing around different middle names for each name, Maxwell, Mitchell, using Beckett or Cooper for a middle name. So at dinner, it was a surprisingly easy conversation. We both liked Beckett and then I said I liked Max. Mike agreed and that was it. That is how Beckett got his name. It is different but it suits him so well.

Now for some pictures!!


Such a Good Big Brother!!!

Beckett and his Uncle T

2 comments:

The Beagleys said...

I love his name! I think you two made an excellent choice! I've told some clients of mine and also my parents his name, and they just love his name too! I can't wait to meet him! His pictures are so sweet!

Derek and Emily said...

I think it's a great name. He truly is a beautiful baby. Some newborns are awkward looking, but Beckett is so handsome.