Friday, November 20, 2009

Pumpkin Run

At the beginning of October, Michael, Caiden and I ran the Pumpkin Run here in Colorado Springs. It was the first time I ever signed up and paid to run! Mike did the 10K. Caiden did the half mile and I did the 5K slowly, very slowly. I did run the whole thing and I finished it so that was good. I had fun but have not signed up for another by any means. I think it would be fun to do more of them but I would like to train more so I don't feel like such a slowpoke.

Mike of course finished his 10K amazingly quick and did really well. He enjoys the 10K distance a lot.

Caiden was adamant about his outfit that day. He had to wear running shorts, a long sleeve, and a visor because that's what runners wear. We gave Caiden the choice of running the quarter or the half mile. He wanted to do the half mile. He was the smallest, youngest and cutest kiddo there by far. He finished last but he finished first in his age group. As a prize for finishing he was able to go pick out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch which was a huge thrill for him.

No comments: