Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh no, he's asleep....








He just sounds like he is running a marathon. My little man continues to be breathing really loudly and quickly. I tried breathing 60 breaths in a minute and couldn't maintain it. I don't know how he does. At one point last night his rate was 80 breaths per minute. Crazy!!!! Anyways, last night was rough. I let the doctor know that Flonase keeps Beck wired at night and so we give it to him in the morning. Well that did not get relayed to the nurses who insisted it was ordered and he needed it last night. Well guess who was all smiles from 2AM-4:30AM? That's right, Beckett was! He wanted to play with the blinds, climb onto the window sills, jump on my little couch, and repeatedly put his fingers in my eyes while saying "Dyes." Fun times. Sidenote: I did talk to the doctor about not giving that med to him tonight. :) Bex slept in until 5:30AM, at which point he ripped his O2 out. He desatted to 76% at which I warned by the nurses that we probably would not be going home. Not the news I wanted at 5:30AM!!! Well the doctor came in later and confirmed that she would not send us home when he was that low. He needs to be in the high 80s off oxygen before she would entertain sending him home on oxygen. The day went by pretty smoothly otherwise. It was nice because as soon as I would get tired of being a circus act for Beck, a set of grandparents would show up. Yay for grandparents! So tonight the plan is to try and turn the oxygen completely off. For us to be able to go home tomorrow, he needs to stay above 85% while asleep. We will see. I am hopeful but not confident that he can maintain that. I will post results in the morning.

1 comment:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Steph... these pictures tear at my heart! I'm so sorry. You all must be physically and emotionally exhausted. The good news is he looks beautiful even with oxygen! He will continue to be in our prayers. Love to you all.