Saturday, November 21, 2009

Denver Marathon

So my crazy husband decided that he wanted to run another marathon. After each of the last two, he has sworn to never do another one again. So you can imagine my shock when he said he wanted to run the Denver Marathon. I being the supportive wife that I am asked him if he was sure and reminded him that he had sworn to not do another marathon. He was insistent that he wanted to do another and signed up.He trained and trained for the marathon and felt ready for it, until a few days before. He came down with an awful illness. Supportive me told him it was okay to back out, no need to kill yourself. All those really supportive things. He again insisted on doing it.

Well he ran the marathon and did awesome! He was disappointed with his time but my goodness he ran 26.2 miles sick. I don't run 3 when I'm well. I am so proud of Mike. His new goal is to complete a marathon in each of the 50 states. He has three done: Washington, Ohio, and Colorado. He is running one in Tulsa, OK tomorrow. Good luck baby!

No comments: