Monday, June 29, 2009

Three Years Old!!!!

My sweet boy,



A few nights ago, you crawled into my bed in the wee hours of the morning and snuggled up next to me. You fell right back to sleep and yet I could not sleep. I couldn't help but be amazed at you. You have gotten so big and yet are still so little. I love that you are growing and changing but still a little boy.



Your life has changed so much this past year. You are a big brother! And a really good one at that. You have gone from being an only child to sharing the limelight. Sure you get annoyed with Beck sometimes but you are so helpful and patient with him most of the time.



Caiden, your personality has really come into play this year. You are so funny! You tell everything like it is. You never mince words! I love how quick you are with you comebacks. You love to tell me how I am Stinky Pete when I am not feeling as excited about things that are thrilling you. It just makes me laugh!



As I watch you play, I marvel at you. You are so inquisitive and so happy to enjoy life. You enjoy everything about life. You do everything with passion. You hunt rolly-pollys, fight bad guys, run, and so much more all while pouring all you have into that one thing at the time. You are such an example to Daddy and I that we need to live in the moment and forget our worries for a little bit.



You are so beautiful! You have these amazing eyes that are like none I've ever seen before. I am not sure where they came because mine are brown and Daddy's are blue. Yours are neither. They are more green. Your smile is gorgeous and your laugh is contagious. You started the year with a whole slew of speech errors and all of them have been corrected but one which is sm words like smoosh, smash, smell. Those words are sloosh, slash, and slell. It is really cute! Much cuter than the -d sound for -st.



You have bounced around favorite things in life this year from blue deedee and white (longest time favorite) to your generic named favorite stuffed animals, doggy, bear, lambie, and monkey. You love playing anything outside or doing anything artistic.



Caiden, my dear, you are such a joy! I love you so much more than I ever could have thought possible. You are such an incredible blessing in my life and in all who meet you! I love you my darling.

1 comment:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Steph

What a beautiful post!!! Thank you for giving me a glimpse into Caiden. We miss you all so much and love seeing you all thriving, happy and gorgeous. Enjoy your boys.

All my love