Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've Got No Strings

I've got no strings to hold me down,

To make me laugh, to make me frown,

I had strings but now I'm free, I've got no strings on me.



This is what I imagine Whidbey was singing as she left our yard last night. We went to get dinner for Tuck and Whid and she was nowhere to be found. Little escape artist got out. So Mike and Tuck went out in search of her with no luck. Mike posted an ad on CraigsList, I checked the Humane Society website and after no luck we went to bed very worried. Our baby girl was out in freezing temperatures. We were hopeful that somebody nice took her in for the night.


We got up this morning and I immediately started making LOST DOG signs. We hung them up as we left for work. After a few hours at work, Mike got a call from a really nice couple who had a strange dog come inside with theirs last night. It was Mike's baby girl!!!! I went and got her and I think I was much more excited to see her than she was to see me. She had been having a blast. Well I took her home and Tuck lost his mind when reunited with her. It was very sweet. We are very blessed and thankful that Whidbey is home. We missed her so much.


Reasons I am so glad Whidbey is back:


1. My dear husband would have to be admitted to a mental hospital if he had to live in a house with Tucker as the only dog.


2. I don't have to explain why we only have 1 dog to Caid.


3. She warms the recliner for me before middle of the night feedings with Beckett.


4. She makes me fold clothes drying on the banister because I know she will chew them if I don't.


5. Whidbey keeps Tucker in check.


6. She lets Caiden ride her, jump on her, pull her ears, eat her food, just torture in general.


7. She is not Tucker.


8. She is such a good dog! We can get over that she is a wanderer.

3 comments:

The Beagleys said...

I'm so glad someone found her and kept her safe for you! Life would be sad without Whidbey!! Love you!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

what a great post. I can just hear Whidbey singing that song now... I'm so glad she's back!!!

Bethany said...

I would have missed her razor-sharp tail. Whew!