Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Two Year Old


My Dearest Caiden,

Two years ago today at 12:02 pm I held you in my arms for the first time. You were beautiful from the first moment. You had tons of hair and the most adorable, kissable lips I have ever seen on a newborn baby. From that moment, you stole my heart and I knew it would never be mine again. I remember it like it was yesterday because it seems like it was just yesterday. That makes you being two so hard to believe.

This past year has brought so many changes. You have learned to say and do so many cute things and a few not so cute things. So cute things first: You love to talk and do it non-stop. You call people by name and talk incessantly about bikes, choochoos, and your papas. Some of your favorite things are your deedee (blankie), your bear, beddy nuk (strawberry milk) and your meen (lambie). You say "Mama, help you?" when you need help knowing I will say "Oh, you want me to help you?" You learned to sing and you are brilliant. I will never love any song more than your own words sung to the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle. You learned to love pizza, just like daddy. You learned to run. You learned to fall. You learned that a kiss will heal your pain. You learned to make the raspberry noise. You learned that telling Mommy and Daddy you have to go potty is a way to get out of time-out. You learned that if you don't like a store, start making a ruckus and you will GET to leave. Caiden you are amazing!!!

You are so hilarious! You love a good time and try to make sure every one else has a good time right along with you. You will stand on your head, make silly faces, anything to get a smile.

You are a joy, my Caidenbug. I love waking up to your happy Hi Mama and going to bed nuggling on the couch with you. I know this will pose a problem when your baby brother arrives but I am soaking it up right now. You are loving it and I am not going to tell you that we can't snuggle. You are growing so fast my sweet boy and you are going to suffer some intense changes as your role changes a bit in the next few months. Please know that you will always be my baby.

I am so amazed that you are two years old today. Two years ago my life was forever changed for the better, You have been and are the sweetest, best boy I could ever ask for. I love being your mommy. You are such a joy in my life. I love you, Caiden! Happy Birthday, my darling!

2 comments:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Okay, I'm misting up here and it's not even 8 am yet! Thanks for the beautiful post. You are such a great mom and so smart to savor every moment. I adore my 18-year old young man. He is the light in our lives, yet still sometimes I mourn the loss of my two year old!!!

Karine said...

Wow Steph, this just gave me serious goose bumps. Being a mother is such an adventure. I am glad that you are enjoying and taking in all the simple moments, because that is what it is all about.
Love ya,
Karine