Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sweetie Pie

Chunko, Butterball, Porker, Bruiser, Chunk, Bucketopork, Bubba, Fatty, Healthy? These are all names (I've heard some real doozy lines too) that people have reffered to my sweet Beckett as. I guess I just don't consider them all that endearing. People think it is acceptable to call babies these names because they will never remember them and probably have no impact on their emotional well being. Are they saying it to make the parents realize how big their baby is(when they are the ones to carry them around all day long)? Can they not notice anything about a person besides the size of their cheeks or diaper size? Well enough of my rant. My boy is beautiful and I am here to tell everyone that there is so much more to him than his weight and cheeks.

On a happier thought.....The sweetest name he could be called was just two days ago and was from Caiden. Caid and Beck were laying on the floor and Caid reached over and said Beck is my SweePie. Now he constantly goes and tells Beck he is his SweePie.

4 comments:

The Beagleys said...

Beck is absolutely perfect!!! I love this picture of him! He has the best eyes! I love Caid's name for him!! I can't wait to see you and all your boys next week!!!

Hillary said...

He is such a cute baby... you guys did a good job! Caiden is such a sweet boy and I love his name for Beck. :)

Derek and Emily said...

Being a mother of fat/chubby/healthy baby, I know how you feel. I just got a bunch of diapers from my friend who just potty trained her 2 1/2 year old son, who happens to be the same size as my 8 month old!

Our babies are perfect! And since Ethan has started crawling, he's thinning out (a little bit). So they're not doomed for life.

Karine said...

I love Beckett! He is such a precious child. I feel so blessed that I was able to meet him and love on him, even if it was for only a few days!